Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Pineapple and Shrimp Salad Bowl
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple (canned or fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice noodles (or any noodles you want)
- Romaine or bibb lettuce (enough for two bowls)
- 2 Tbs chopped mint
- 1/2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Sauce2 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Prepare sauce by shaking ingredients together in a jar. This will be your glaze, dressing, and finishing sauce.
- If needed, set a pot of water to boil for the rice noodles and cook as directed.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan to medium high and add sesame oil. Add shrimp and cook for a few minutes per side, until they brown and turn pink. Resist the urge to crowd the pan!
- When shrimp are almost done, add 1 tablespoon of the sauce, toss to coat the shrimp, and remove them from the pan.
- Add pineapple cubes to the pan and toss them in the brown bits that remain in the pan. Cook pineapple until it begins to brown and soften and then add another tablespoon of the sauce. Remove from pan.
- Toss lettuce in 2 tablespoons of sauce and toss noodles separately in another 2 tablespoons.
- Fill bowls with sections of lettuce, shrimp, pineapple, and noodles.
- Drizzle on any remaining sauce.
- Garnish with chopped mint, fresh lime juice, and more sriracha.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.