Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Italian Sausage and Pepper Pasta
- 1 12 oz package pasta
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 5 links sweet or spicy Italian sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 28 oz can Italian tomatoes
- 1 large bunch fresh basil, torn
- 1 pinch kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat large skillet. Drizzle with olive oil. Add sausage and brown.
- Add onions and peppers. Saut over medium heat until they are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 23 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pasta to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Add sausage and tomato sauce mixture.
- Add fresh basil and salt. Stir to combine. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 400F until cheese is lightly browned, about 1520 minutes.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.