Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Curried Albacore with Apples
- 1 lb albacore tuna loin, cut into 1-inch thick medallions
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbs chopped red onion
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 medium red delicious apple sliced thinly
- Thaw frozen albacore loin. Make marinated by combining all other ingredients except apple. Add albacore and marinate for 30 minutes, turning once. Remove albacore reserving marinade.
- Grill. Place on greased grate, 4-5 inches from hot coals. For most loins, 3-4 minutes on each of three sides is sufficient. Baste generously with reserved marinade. Turn frequently. Most importantly, do not overcook! Albacore should be pink in center when removed from heat. The center will continue to cook (from latent heat) for several minutes after removal.
- Serve over chilled apple slices.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.