Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Easy Lentil Tacos
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas
- Toppings1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (sour cream optional)
- Hot sauce
- Mixed greens
- Add cooking oil to a large skillet and heat to medium.
- Add garlic and bell pepper and saut for about 3 minutes, until bell peppers are soft.
- Add lentils and all spices and stir to combine.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if lentils are dry.
- Stir until everything is hot and combined.
- Heat corn tortillas until soft and layer lentils on top.
- Top with cheese, avocado, hot sauce, yogurt, and mixed greens.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.