Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Curried Stir-Fried Lamb
- 2 Tbs peanut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb boneless lamb leg or shoulder, sliced into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 small red apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 6 oz snow peas
- 1 tsp fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In wok or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-hot heat; add garlic and saut briefly. Add onions and lamb, stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes or until lamb is no longer pink. Remove from wok and keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok and heat over medium-high heat; add apples, bell pepper, celery, water chestnuts, snow peas, and ginger. Stir-fry until crisp tender. Return lamb mixture to wok and cook until the mixture is hot and well blended.
- In a small bowl, blend broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and curry powder. Add to lamb mixture, stirring constantly until thickened and meat and vegetables are glazed. Serve over rice.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.