Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Confetti Shrimp and Grits
- 10 med shrimp, peeled
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, or spinach, or collards, or other green
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup diced assorted bell peppers
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1 Tbs buttery spread
- 1 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- Add olive oil to pan and heat. Place shrimp one by one into pan and don’t touch until brown on one side. Flip and sear on the other side until crispy. Remove from pan.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, and celery to pan and saut a few minutes. Stir in Old Bay Seasoning and chili powder. Add 1/4 cup water to deglaze plan and steam vegetables. Remove vegetables from pan when tender.
- Add broccoli rabe (or other greens) to pan. Saut a few minutes until wilted. Add a splash of water to steam/deglaze, if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook polenta as package says.
- When polenta is thick, stir in buttery spread and Parmesan cheese until melted. Then drizzle with honey.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.