Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Carrot Raisin Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 carrots, grated
- Frosting3 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbs butter (or margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place the raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Stir in oil, applesauce, and vanilla until combined.
- Drain the raisins and add to the bowl. Add the carrots and mix. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350F for 18 to 22 minutes until browned and fully baked.
- FrostingBeat the cream cheese, butter (or margarine), powdered sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Frost muffins once they are fully cooled. Store in the refrigerator.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.