Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bread Pudding Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup 1%, skim, or soy milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 banana
- 1 pinch salt
- vanilla, stirred in at the end
- 1/2 slice whole wheat bread (about 1/3 cup bread cubes)
- 2 Tbs whole milk
- Toppings: granola or coconut
- Start by combining the oats, milk, and water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Slice a banana into very thin pieces, leaving just a few bigger chunks. Walk away for a few minutes while the oatmeal heats.
- Once the oatmeal begins to steam or bubble, add the banana and stir vigorously to whip the banana into the oats.
- Add the chia seeds and salt.
- The oats will take about 5 minutes on medium heat from start to finish to fully absorb the liquid.
- Near the end of cooking, add cubes of whole wheat bread and a splash more of milk and vanilla.
- Stir until liquid is absorbed.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.