Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 3 cups bran, divided
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 orange, zest only
- Preheat oven to 400F. Take one cup boiling water and one cup bran and put in a large bowl. Stir until water is absorbed.
- Take other cup of boiling water and pour over raisins in another bowl. Let them absorb some of the water for about 15 minutes.
- After the raisins are puffy, put them in a food processor and pulse until they are pureed. Let them cool before adding to the batter.
- Add molasses, brown sugar, raisin puree, and oil to the bran in the water. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 more cups bran, yogurt, milk, and eggs. Stir to combine. Add wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove immediately from muffin tins to a cooling rack.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.