Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Black Bean Spanish Rice
- 2 cups white rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can chopped tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and grated
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Rinse and drain rice. Add rice and all other ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, turn to a simmer and cover. Simmer rice for about 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Let the rice rest for 10 to 15 minutes or longer before serving.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.