Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 1 12 oz package, egg noodles
- 2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil (more if needed)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp Dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- Prepare egg noodles according to package instructions.
- Salt and pepper strips of sirloin steak. Preheat large skillet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add sliced steak to skillet. Brown steak, then add sliced mushroom and onions. Saut until softened. Add minced garlic, paprika, and tarragon.
- Remove everything from pan and add flour. If there is not enough oil, add enough olive oil to the pan to make a roux. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Whisk in beef stock and wine. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer, all while stirring consistently.
- Add mustard to sauce. Add beef and vegetables back to pan, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.