Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Banana Nut Bread with Streusel Topping
- Banana Nut Bread2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, roasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips (optional)
- Non-stick cooking spray, as needed
- Streusel Topping (Optional)1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, roasted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, combine eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil. Then add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until combined, batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in optional nuts and chocolate. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- If using the streusel topping, combine the sugar and flour in a bowl and cut in the butter until the mixture is grainy. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour streusel topping on top of the banana nut bread.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until dark golden brown or until bread passes the toothpick test. Let cool before slicing.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.