Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Balsamic-Glazed Lamb Meatloaf with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb, ground
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- In a food processor, puree tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, cheese, garlic, egg, salt, and pepper. Scrape the pesto into a large bowl; mix in bread crumbs and ground lamb. On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, form the mixture into an 8-inch long log.
- In a bowl, mix together tomato paste, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar; brush over meatloaf. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, basting with glaze every 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.