Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach Hash Browns
- 2 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350F. Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes, mushrooms, and water; mix and spread in even layer. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Turn vegetables over; cook, uncovered, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese, and dill weed; mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly among four greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of mixture with back of spoon. Place on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in 350F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25 to 30 minutes.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.