Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Baked Egg with Canadian Bacon, Tomato, and Potatoes
- 1 6 oz package Canadian style bacon, chopped
- butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup refrigerated red potato wedges, no-oil added, cubed
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp nonfat half and half
- 4 tsp Swiss cheese, or Gruyere or white Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat inside of four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups/ramekins with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Canadian bacon, potatoes, tomato and chives in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture evenly in ramekins.
- Break egg into each ramekin on top of the Canadian bacon mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of half-and-half over each egg. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake in heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg whites are opaque and yolks have firm edges but soft in centers. Remove from oven.
- If desired, sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve immediately.
Ingredient Note: For a Southwest twist, toss the Canadian bacon mixture with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder before spooning it into the ramekins.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with whole grain toast and juice.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.