Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bacon-Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped, crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375F. Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper in large bowl.
- Beat eggs and applesauce in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cheese, bacon, and parsley. Spoon evenly into twelve, greased 3-inch muffin cups.
- Bake in 375F oven until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm or cool completely.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.