Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Bacon and Egg Quesadillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 large flour or whole wheat tortillas (10 to 12-inch)
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on one side of each tortilla. Top each with 1 bacon slice and 1 Tbs green onion.
- Coat large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in eggs. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs, until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon eggs on top of bacon, dividing evenly. Fold tortilla over filling to cover, pressing gently.
- Clean skillet. Coat with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. Toast quesadillas, one at a time, just until cheese is melted, 12 minutes per side. Cut into wedges.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.