Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Asparagus Frittata with Red Bell Peppers
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and blanched
- salt, as needed
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbs Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbs butter, softened
- lemon wedges and sprigs of Italian parsley for garnish
- Reserve 6 asparagus spears. Cut remaining asparagus at an angle into -inch pieces, reserve.
- Saut bell pepper in 2 tablespoons olive oil until soft, but not browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in onion and reserved asparagus pieces; saut for 1 minute. With a slotted spoon remove vegetables to drain on paper toweling, reserve.
- Whisk chopped parsley, salt and pepper into beaten eggs. Stir in cheese and reserved sauted vegetables. Coat the inside of a heavy, non-stick -inch frying pan (with a cover) with softened butter. Pour egg mixture into pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, covered, until eggs are just firm, about 35 minutes. Remove cover; bake until top is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Loosen the frittata, then cover pan with a large, warmed serving platter. Flip frying pan over onto platter. Cut frittata into 6 wedges; garnish each with 1 reserved asparagus spear. Divide wedges among 6 serving plates, then put a lemon wedge and a sprig of parsley on each plate.
Preparation Tip: Use a cheese planer or a potato peeler to shave cheese paper thin.
Copyright 2022 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2022.