Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Arroz con Pollo
- 1/4 cup olive oil, more if needed
- 2 2.5 lb frying chickens, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 chorizo sausages
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain rice, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Mexican saffron, crumbled
- 6 cups chicken stock, more if needed
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen sweet peas, defrosted
- 4 ounces pimiento strips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- When warm, add chicken and sprinkle with salt. Brown chicken and transfer to large ovenproof baking dish.
- Brown chorizo in same skillet and then add to baking dish; mix chicken and chorizo.
- Layer half of the rice over the chicken-chorizo mixture.
- In same skillet, saut garlic, onion, and bell pepper until softened.
- Spoon vegetables over rice in baking dish, and top with remaining rice.
- In a bowl, mix together saffron and chicken stock and pour over rice. Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hours, longer if needed.
- Garnish with peas and pimento strips and serve.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.