Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Apple Spice Cake
- Vegetable oil spray
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, white
- 3 cups unbleached flour, white
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped apples, (Granny Smith, Jonagold, or Yellow Delicious), peeled
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Prepare 10-inch (25cm) bundt or tube-type pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Add sugar and beat well. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt). Add dry ingredients to egg mixture; blend well. Add in orange juice concentrate, oil and vanilla; mix together. Batter will be thick. Fold apples into batter until blended. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake’s center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan. Allow cake to cool before serving.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.