Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Anytime Ham and Cheese Frittata
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes with peppers and onion, refrigerated or frozen
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt. Add bread pieces, stirring to combine; set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 F. In a large 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden and beginning to crisp. Add ham and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes more. Push ham and potatoes to the side of the skillet; pour egg mixture into skillet, stir over heat and when the eggs begin to set up stir together, combining the ham, potatoes and eggs. Stir in cheese and place skillet in a 400 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.