Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Almond French Toast
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or half and half, or cream)
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (or 2 tsp amaretto)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 12 slices day-old bread of your choice
- Preheat skillet. Add enough olive oil to coat. Whisk eggs, milk, honey, and almond extract.
- Dip bread and coat completely in mixture. Coat bread with slivered almonds.
- Cook on each side until golden brown. Cook over medium to medium-low heat. Be careful not to burn. Try not to flip the toast more than once.
- Serve immediately.
Copyright 2019 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2019.