Penn Herb Wellness Guide
All-American Lamb Burger
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 pounds ground American lamb
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 leaves lettuces
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 4 thin slices red onions, split into rings
- 16 tomato slices
- In large bowl, combine ground lamb, tomato sauce, oats, onion, basil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are blended. Shape into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- To GrillCook over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches from coals 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness: 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium or 170 F for well.
- To BroilPlace lamb patties on broiler pan. Broil lamb 4 inches from source of heat for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness: 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium or 170 F for well.
- To ServeArrange lettuce leaf on bottom half of each bun. Top with onion rings, 2 tomato slices, cooked lamb patties and bun top.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.