Penn Herb Wellness Guide
15 Minute Curry Vegetable Chowder
- 1 12 oz bag frozen vegetable blend (such as broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the frozen vegetables into a large pot and pour chicken stock on top. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables simmer, melt butter with crushed red pepper flakes. Stir in curry powder and flour. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables with chicken stock and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. With a potato masher or immersion blender, mash the vegetables in the chicken stock until desired consistency.
- Bring back to a boil and slowly stir in milk. Cook for another minute or so, just until incorporated and thickened.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.