Penn Herb Wellness Guide
Grilled Lamb and Asparagus Pitas with Tsatsiki Sauce
- Tsatsiki Sauce1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Pitas4 pita pockets, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lb lamb, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed.
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, whole
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Tsatsiki SaucePure all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth, about 1 minute. Chill until ready to assemble.
- PitasToss lamb cubes and asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Grill over a preheated grill until asparagus is tender and lamb cubes are cooked to a medium rare. Cut asparagus into 2" pieces. Set aside.
- Lightly grill both sides of the pita breads until heated through yet still soft. Wrap pitas in foil for a few minutes to steam.
- Divide sandwich ingredients evenly among the 8 pita-halves. Drizzle with the Tsatiki sauce and serve immediately.
Copyright 2020 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.