Penn Herb Wellness Guide
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups Japanese eggplant, 3/4"dice
- 1 cup yellow onions, sliced into strips
- 2/3 cup red bell peppers, 3/4" dice
- 1/3 cup celery, 3/4" dice
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 3 Tbs pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 Tbs capers, drained
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- dash sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- dash black pepper, ground
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saut pan over medium high. Add eggplant and cook until lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally, for about 7-8 minutes. Remove eggplant from pan and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour remaining oil in pan and heat over medium. Add onions, peppers and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are cooked through. Turn heat to low and stir in tomatoes, olives, basil, pine nuts, capers, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper. Cook until heated through. Mix in eggplant and serve hot or at room temperature.
Copyright 2021 TraceGains, Inc. All rights reserved.
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2021.