Penn Herb Wellness Guide
American-Style Mediterranean Stuffed Lamb Loin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or sunflower seeds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1-3/4 to 2 pounds boneless American Lamb sirloin roast
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, cook onion and garlic over medium heat for 3 minutes. Mix in spinach, basil, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Mix in feta cheese; set aside.
- Remove all visible fat from meat; slice halfway through meat down center lengthwise. Cover with plastic wrap, and with meat mallet pound to 1-inch thick.
- Place filling down center of meat; roll and tie with string at 2-inch intervals. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon pepper. Place on rack in roasting pan and roast in 325 F oven to desired degree of doneness: 145 F for medium-rare, 160F for medium or 170 F for well. Cover and let roast stand 10 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 F.
Copyright 2020 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of USregistered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2020.